SAHS General Meeting & Election
Thursday September 22nd • 6 p.m.
There will be a complimentary barbeque served courtesy of the SAHS Board at 6 pm followed by the Annual Meeting about 7-ish. The meeting will include elections to the Board and Reports on SAHS accomplishments over the last year and details on plans for the future. At the Floyd.
Historical Photograph Calendar 2017 – Available now.
Sunday, September 18th
Open House • Tour the New and Updated Museum Exhibits in Museum behind the D. O Pearson House
1 – 4 p.m.
Hors d’oeuvres & History
Norway Night • 4 – 6 p.m.
Sunday, September 18th
Join us for Norwegian desserts and refreshments while hearing Norwegian pioneer family histories and short presentations on the Norwegian influence on Stanwood and vicinity.
Floyd Norgaard Cultural Center
Visit our new exhibits on the 4th of July. Photograph is of an early parade in front of the Stanwood bakery that was on Main Street (brick street, 270th NW)
Many of our exhibits have been undergoing extensive revisions and some are completely new. Our museum behind the Pearson House has new display hanging systems and exhibit lighting (completely LED) thanks to a Snohomish County Community Heritage grant in received in 2015.
Please make an appointment for a tour with one of our board members or volunteers to lead you through the changes. If you come by during our open hours and we have no one available, please make an appointment. We welcome new volunteers, especially people who would like to learn more history and share it as a tour guide. We will match you up with someone to learn from, contact us.
D. O. Pearson House – Historic home of Stanwood’s first mayor. Maintained as a Victorian Period Home.
Includes Miniature Dollhouses – Third floor, Pearson House
Floyd Norgaard Cultural Center – Historic Fraternal Hall used as event space with museum exhibit featured on the third floor. The last few years have featured Waistlines & Hemlines Fashion and Vintage Women’s Clothing Exhibit.
Stanwood Camano Area Museum
- Stanwood High Schools’ Class Picture Project – Museum ramp
- Market & Main Street History in Pictures – Museum ramp
- East Stanwood History in Pictures – Museum ramp
- Early Stanwood / Camano Area Fabric Art — Sewn by Camano Island Quilters & designed by Jack Gunter – – Museum 2nd Floor
- The Story of the Stanwood Waterfront – Stillaguamish River and aerial views of historic Stanwood. – Museum 2nd Floor
- The Stories Maps Tell – A Cartographer’s View of Port Susan, Stanwood Area and Camano Island. – Museum 2nd Floor
- Country Schools and Town Schools – Photographs of Stanwood Area Historic Schools – Museum Stair Display area
And there is more to follow soon !