1907 Wedding Portrait of the Pearson Family. Photographer: John T. Wagness

1907 Wedding Portrait of the Pearson Family. Photographer: John T. Wagness

D. O. Pearson House – Historic home of Stanwood’s first mayor.
Maintained as a Victorian Period Home placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1972.  Contact us for special guided visits given by members.




Legacy Art Cards Project

First of the artworks created in the SAHS SCAAC Legacy Art Card Project

FNCC Second Floor Exhibit – Legacy Art Project

Some of the art remains in the second floor of the FNCC (The Floyd). There is now a series of postcards are featuring the artworks and the historical objects that inspired the works.  Some of the artworks will be added to the museum’s collections for future displays.

Thank you to the artists of the Stanwood Camano Arts Advocacy Commission for their generosity and support of the Stanwood Area Historical Society,  Thanks to Judy Fernandes, Cat Olson and Jason Dorsey for their work on this project.

The set of postcards are now available for sale for $15.00.  Drop by to pick up a set.

FNCC Third Floor Exhibits

    • Fallen Heroes of our Armed Forces and Red Cross remembered through their uniforms and soldier stories
    • Once a Milltown – Logging and Lumbering
    • Consolidation of the “Twin Cities” and their schools
    • Early Churches
    • Dr. Mac – First medical man in Stanwood
    • Stanwood Klondikers of 1898
    • “Trees to Peas to Prosperity”
    • Camano Island Resort History

Eldridge Center ~ Community, business, family history research and display space – open for research assistance on Wednesday 1-4 pm or by appointment.
Currently on display on the 2nd floor and in the Ramp:


    • Early Stanwood / Camano Area Fabric Art — Sewn by Camano Island Quilters & designed by Jack Gunter and presented to the Stanwood Area Historical Society in 1991 – – Museum 2nd Floor
    • The Story of the Stanwood Waterfront – Stillaguamish River and aerial views of historic Stanwood. – Museum 2nd Floor
    • The Stories Maps Tell – A Cartographer’s View of Port Susan, Stanwood Area and Camano Island. – Museum 2nd Floor
    • Spirits of the People ~ For the people of America’s First Nations, the moral rights of the universe are not just bestowed on human beings but are granted to the elements of their physical environment—the animals, birds, rivers or weather for example.  Objects such as those displayed here also have power and are alive. They each are imbued with part of their creator. While we may not know who their exact makers were, we honor them and the care they brought to their creations.
    • Stanwood High Schools’ Class Picture Project – Museum ramp
    • Market & Main Street History in Pictures – Museum ramp
    • East Stanwood History in Pictures – Museum ramp

Eldridge Center Garage (ground level) will feature antique automobiles in the SAHS collection

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.