Memberships & Volunteer Opportunities
Memberships are due annually during the month of January. This is a significant means of support for the Society and includes a subscription to the quarterly newsletter.
Members help govern our society by providing assistance with programming, publications and planning for the future (see below)
SAHS is a tax-exempt non-profit organization and depends for its financial support on gifts, bequests from individuals and groups, fund raising activities and membership dues. Your contributions are tax deductible to you and will be used in support of history education, exhibits and programs. SAHS Membership Form (pdf) please print and mail.
- Individual Membership: $20.00
- Family Membership: $30.00
- Student Membership: $5.00
You may use Paypal for a general supporting donation or mail a check to P,O, Box 69
Stanwood, WA 98292
- General Supporting Donation
- Memorial Donation
- The members of the Board meet monthly to plan events and share information. They are currently being held in the Eldridge Center.
- Docents – Docents are volunteers entrusted with opening and closing our museum during our open hours. We welcome new and continuing members to visit and shadow those who are here on either Wed or Saturdays to learn a few basics. Docents often learn about other ways to contribute and connect with the community and that advocacy and support help is an ongoing need. Interest is the only qualification, bring your own local expertise and experience, share and learn with all of us.
We also have a need for volunteer office help with some clerical type duties.
- Events Helpers – We need help opening and closing and greeting visitors on these days. This is another role for our docents.
- Exhibits are changed every year or so – at that time we welcome those with subject specialties to come to our meetings and help. Visit our current exhibits and think about helping next time.
- Collections helpers – current volunteers are training new helpers who have been documenting, sorting, organizing, labeling donations of artifacts, antiques, photographs, documents and other types of historical materials that will be held in our collections for research and interpretive purposes. Some of our photographs are being uploaded to the Internet at our new online database of historical photographs:
- Interviewers, notetakers and typists for oral History interviews and other types of information gathering projects including historic sites, historic preservation projects.