The news-clipping reproduction on the left shows a photograph of the original Stanwood Town Hall presumably built when Stanwood incorporated in 1903 but perhaps earlier. It faced the same direction (north) as the front entrance on Irvine (270th) as the current City Hall.
At the time, there was no S. R. 532. It had three houses behind it which were replaced by 532.
According to the 1910 Anderson Plat book of Snohomish County, there was a jail behind this building and it was labeled “Court Room and Jail”.
The “new/current” Stanwood City Hall building was completed in 1936 and was a special project of 5-term Mayor Charles Dockendorf. It was partially funded by the Work Progress Administration (WPA). In 1944 it was paid off “with virtually no extra cost to the taxpayers, representing an investment of about $20,000.” (Twin City News, Jan 6, 1944)