1907 Wedding Portrait of the Pearson Family. Photographer: John T. Wagness

1907 Wedding Portrait of the Pearson Family. Photographer: John T. Wagness

Note – Due to the Covid19 pandemic our tours and research help at the museum are temporarily suspended until Phase 3.  This includes our traditional 4th of July Parade and Ice cream Social.  Feel free to call or email with questions. Floyd rentals and events are also cancelled or postponed until further notice, however please contact us by email.

D. O. Pearson House Museum  ~ The Floyd Norgaard Cultural Center ~ The Eldridge Center (The Eldridge Center was originally known as the Stanwood Camano History Museum) – read on….

Welcome to the Stanwood Area Historical Society website.   SAHS was formed in 1972 and three years later purchased the D. O. Pearson House, the home of the first Mayor of Stanwood.
Since then it has produced many programs and exhibits.  In 2001 it began a major fund raising campaign and added the former I. O. O. F Hall  (now the Floyd) and Tolin House to our facilities.  We have grown and now have an ambitious schedule of activities and many new projects in the museums and in the Floyd Norgaard Cultural Center which now has its own website!.  Please consider joining us to be part of this growing and active heritage organization!  (see our mission statement below)

For information about renting The Floyd Norgaard Cultural Center for your next family or community event, click here!

When visiting, check in at the Tolin House (Business office) or Eldridge Center for tours.  If no one is there, you may try the Eldridge Center/Museum 2nd floor for volunteers working on projects.
Hours for tours:SAHScorner179
Wednesdays and Fridays
1:00 – 4:00 p.m.
Hours also available by appointment.
Closed Holidays (except 4th of July)
The Eldridge Center library and exhibits are open Wednesday and most Fridays.

We are located on the corner of 102nd Ave and 271st in the west end of Stanwood.

Stanwood Area Historical Society
P.O.Box 69
Stanwood,WA 98292

No charge for admission but donations are welcome.

The building addresses are

  • D O Pearson House 27108 102nd Ave NW
  • Eldridge Center (behind Pearson House) which has photographic exhibits and a small library 102nd Ave NW.
  • Tolin Office 27112 102nd Ave NW.
  • Floyd Norgaard Cultural Center: 27130 102nd Ave NW.
  • SAHS Board Meetings – NEW Board meeting times for 2020 are 3rd Mondays at noon beginning January 20th 2020.   Future meetings will be held in the FNCC.
  • The D. O. Pearson House is open and visitors may check in at the Tolin House visitors office at hours above.
  • The Eldridge Center library and exhibits is open for research visitors and general history of the Stanwood Camano area.
  • Check our history page for online history information sources.
  • Camwood Genealogy Workshop meets at the Eldridge Center but check link for more info.
  • Historic Sites Tour

The Stanwood Area Historical Society seeks to discover, preserve, and display any materials which help to establish, illustrate, and interpret the economic, social, and cultural heritage of the greater Stanwood area, including if financially possible and appropriate, historic sites and properties.
The Stanwood Area Historical Society is a 501c3 non-profit organization, charitable donations are deductible.

Volunteers are welcome ! call 360-629-6110

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.