Note – Due to the Covid19 pandemic our tours and research help at the museum are temporarily suspended. Feel free to call or email with questions. Floyd rentals and events are also cancelled or postponed until further notice, however please contact us by email.
D. O. Pearson House Museum ~ The Floyd Norgaard Cultural Center ~ The Eldridge Center (The Eldridge Center was originally known as the Stanwood Camano History Museum) – read on….
Welcome to the Stanwood Area Historical Society website. SAHS was formed in 1972 and three years later purchased the D. O. Pearson House, the home of the first Mayor of Stanwood.
Since then it has produced many programs and exhibits. In 2001 it began a major fund raising campaign and added the former I. O. O. F Hall (now the Floyd) and Tolin House to our facilities. We have grown and now have an ambitious schedule of activities and many new projects in the museums and in the Floyd Norgaard Cultural Center which now has its own website!. Please consider joining us to be part of this growing and active heritage organization! (see our mission statement below)
Normally when visiting, check in at the Tolin House (Business office) or Eldridge Center for tours. If no one is there, you may try the Eldridge Center/Museum 2nd floor for volunteers working on projects.
Hours for tours:
Wednesdays and Fridays
1:00 – 4:00 p.m.
Hours also available by appointment.
Closed Holidays (except 4th of July)
The Eldridge Center library and exhibits are closed until further notice due to COVID.
We are located on the corner of 102nd Ave and 271st in the west end of Stanwood.
Stanwood Area Historical Society
No charge for admission but donations are welcome.
The building addresses are
- D O Pearson House 27108 102nd Ave NW
- Eldridge Center (behind Pearson House) which has photographic exhibits and a small library 102nd Ave NW.
- Tolin Office 27112 102nd Ave NW.
- Floyd Norgaard Cultural Center: 27130 102nd Ave NW.
- SAHS Board Meetings – NEW Board meeting times for 2020 are 3rd Mondays at noon. Every month on the Third Mon, until Feb 15, 2021, These meetings will be held on Zoom. For the link, please contact us.
Sep 21, 2020 12:00 PM
Oct 19, 2020 12:00 PM
Nov 16, 2020 12:00 PM
Dec 21, 2020 12:00 PM
Jan 18, 2021 12:00 PM
Feb 15, 2021 12:00 PM
- General Membership meeting will be Sept 24, 2020 – details to follow.
- The D. O. Pearson House is open and visitors may check in at the Tolin House visitors office at hours above.
- The Eldridge Center library and exhibits is open for research visitors and general history of the Stanwood Camano area.
- Check our history page for online history information sources.
- Camwood Genealogy Workshop meetings are suspended for the time being also but normally held at the Eldridge Center.
- Historic Sites Tour
STANWOOD AREA HISTORICAL SOCIETY
The Stanwood Area Historical Society seeks to discover, preserve, and display any materials which help to establish, illustrate, and interpret the economic, social, and cultural heritage of the greater Stanwood area, including if financially possible and appropriate, historic sites and properties.
The Stanwood Area Historical Society is a 501c3 non-profit organization, charitable donations are deductible.
Volunteers are welcome ! call 360-629-6110