{"id":1691,"date":"2019-01-30T19:21:41","date_gmt":"2019-01-30T19:21:41","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/www.sahs-fncc.org\/?p=1691"},"modified":"2026-08-05T19:59:31","modified_gmt":"2026-08-05T19:59:31","slug":"the-peterson-buildings-on-the-brick-main-street","status":"publish","type":"post","link":"https:\/\/www.sahs-fncc.org\/?p=1691","title":{"rendered":"Brick buildings on the Brick Street"},"content":{"rendered":"<p><img loading=\"lazy\" decoding=\"async\" class=\"alignright size-medium wp-image-1771\" src=\"https:\/\/www.sahs-fncc.org\/wp-content\/uploads\/2019\/01\/2003_07_01brickbank-300x205.jpg\" alt=\"\" width=\"300\" height=\"205\" srcset=\"https:\/\/www.sahs-fncc.org\/wp-content\/uploads\/2019\/01\/2003_07_01brickbank-300x205.jpg 300w, https:\/\/www.sahs-fncc.org\/wp-content\/uploads\/2019\/01\/2003_07_01brickbank-768x524.jpg 768w, https:\/\/www.sahs-fncc.org\/wp-content\/uploads\/2019\/01\/2003_07_01brickbank-624x426.jpg 624w, https:\/\/www.sahs-fncc.org\/wp-content\/uploads\/2019\/01\/2003_07_01brickbank.jpg 769w\" sizes=\"auto, (max-width: 300px) 100vw, 300px\" \/>Our Historic brick Main street (270th St) has two of the very few brick buildings in Stanwood.\u00a0 The two brick buildings side by side on the south side of Main street appear as one building but are two.<\/p>\n<p><img loading=\"lazy\" decoding=\"async\" class=\"alignleft size-medium wp-image-1776\" src=\"https:\/\/www.sahs-fncc.org\/wp-content\/uploads\/2019\/01\/IMG_20180319_114521812_HDRbrickbank300-300x117.jpg\" alt=\"\" width=\"300\" height=\"117\" srcset=\"https:\/\/www.sahs-fncc.org\/wp-content\/uploads\/2019\/01\/IMG_20180319_114521812_HDRbrickbank300-300x117.jpg 300w, https:\/\/www.sahs-fncc.org\/wp-content\/uploads\/2019\/01\/IMG_20180319_114521812_HDRbrickbank300.jpg 350w\" sizes=\"auto, (max-width: 300px) 100vw, 300px\" \/><\/p>\n<p>The east building in the foreground on the right was built as the Citizens Bank in 1920.\u00a0 The Citizens bank company merged with the\u00a0 National Bank of Stanwood in 1921 when the National Bank of Stanwood on Market St moved from its corner location, the banks consolidated to be the First National Bank of Stanwood located in a new building across the street.<\/p>\n<p><img loading=\"lazy\" decoding=\"async\" class=\"alignright wp-image-5211\" src=\"https:\/\/www.sahs-fncc.org\/wp-content\/uploads\/2019\/01\/IMG_20180319_114048967_HDR_Telephonecropt-1024x691.jpg\" alt=\"\" width=\"333\" height=\"225\" srcset=\"https:\/\/www.sahs-fncc.org\/wp-content\/uploads\/2019\/01\/IMG_20180319_114048967_HDR_Telephonecropt-1024x691.jpg 1024w, https:\/\/www.sahs-fncc.org\/wp-content\/uploads\/2019\/01\/IMG_20180319_114048967_HDR_Telephonecropt-300x202.jpg 300w, https:\/\/www.sahs-fncc.org\/wp-content\/uploads\/2019\/01\/IMG_20180319_114048967_HDR_Telephonecropt-768x518.jpg 768w, https:\/\/www.sahs-fncc.org\/wp-content\/uploads\/2019\/01\/IMG_20180319_114048967_HDR_Telephonecropt-1536x1036.jpg 1536w, https:\/\/www.sahs-fncc.org\/wp-content\/uploads\/2019\/01\/IMG_20180319_114048967_HDR_Telephonecropt-2048x1381.jpg 2048w, https:\/\/www.sahs-fncc.org\/wp-content\/uploads\/2019\/01\/IMG_20180319_114048967_HDR_Telephonecropt-624x421.jpg 624w\" sizes=\"auto, (max-width: 333px) 100vw, 333px\" \/>The original Citizen&#8217;s bank building (10018 270th St NW) was purchased from the bank by Dr. E. G. Wheeler and converted into medical and dental offices.\u00a0 The lot next door was sold to Ed Peterson who built the new building.\u00a0 (Stanwood News, Oct 29, 1931).\u00a0 The tenants that occupied it was first used as the West Coast Telephone Company when it was established soon after 1929 and occupied the building for many years.\u00a0 West Coast Telephone was one of the many independent community telephone companies that operated in small usually rural communities until 1961 when switchboards were no longer needed.\u00a0 In this 2018 photograph it is the location of &#8220;Wash &amp; Wear Hair&#8221;<\/p>\n","protected":false},"excerpt":{"rendered":"<p>Our Historic brick Main street (270th St) has two of the very few brick buildings in Stanwood.\u00a0 The two brick buildings side by side on the south side of Main street appear as one building but are two. The east building in the foreground on the right was built as the Citizens Bank in 1920.\u00a0 [&hellip;]<\/p>\n","protected":false},"author":1,"featured_media":0,"comment_status":"closed","ping_status":"open","sticky":false,"template":"","format":"standard","meta":{"footnotes":""},"categories":[15,7],"tags":[],"class_list":["post-1691","post","type-post","status-publish","format-standard","hentry","category-historic-sites-tour","category-historical-places"],"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/www.sahs-fncc.org\/index.php?rest_route=\/wp\/v2\/posts\/1691","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/www.sahs-fncc.org\/index.php?rest_route=\/wp\/v2\/posts"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/www.sahs-fncc.org\/index.php?rest_route=\/wp\/v2\/types\/post"}],"author":[{"embeddable":true,"href":"https:\/\/www.sahs-fncc.org\/index.php?rest_route=\/wp\/v2\/users\/1"}],"replies":[{"embeddable":true,"href":"https:\/\/www.sahs-fncc.org\/index.php?rest_route=%2Fwp%2Fv2%2Fcomments&post=1691"}],"version-history":[{"count":10,"href":"https:\/\/www.sahs-fncc.org\/index.php?rest_route=\/wp\/v2\/posts\/1691\/revisions"}],"predecessor-version":[{"id":5212,"href":"https:\/\/www.sahs-fncc.org\/index.php?rest_route=\/wp\/v2\/posts\/1691\/revisions\/5212"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/www.sahs-fncc.org\/index.php?rest_route=%2Fwp%2Fv2%2Fmedia&parent=1691"}],"wp:term":[{"taxonomy":"category","embeddable":true,"href":"https:\/\/www.sahs-fncc.org\/index.php?rest_route=%2Fwp%2Fv2%2Fcategories&post=1691"},{"taxonomy":"post_tag","embeddable":true,"href":"https:\/\/www.sahs-fncc.org\/index.php?rest_route=%2Fwp%2Fv2%2Ftags&post=1691"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}