SAHS announces a new book on the history of the Stanwood Camano Island area. Dr. Richard Hanks has researched and compiled this thoughtful and inspiring book on the lives and sacrifices of our local military. There will be a chance to meet the author and purchase a copy on Veteran’s Day at the SAHS Tolin House on November 11th from 10am to 2pm.
All proceeds from the sale on Veterans Day or online at Amazon will go to SAHS. Price will be $21.00 plus tax. Click here to pay with Paypal.
Sales will be conducted safely and socially distanced, purchasers must wear masks, no more than 5 people in the Tolin House, it may be necessary to wait in your car.
We are sorry to report there there is no calendar for 2021 this year. Back issues are still available for some years.
Books Available below:
- Stanwood Area Echoes – Our newsletter available with membership – Back issues available here.
- “Fir Island & & Conway – Images of America” Authors Patricia Hanstad Pleas, Janet K. Utgard, and Andrea Millward Xaver. (2017 Arcadia Publishing Co.) $21.00
- “Camano Island – Images of America” Author Karen Prasse (2006, Arcadia Publishing Co.) $21.00
- “Our Choice Recipes” compiled by the Florence Group of the Lutheran Ladies Aid, reprint, 2001 $5.00
- “The Builder: A Biography of Peter Henning” by David Buerge – $15.00
- “The Son : A biography of Peter Henning Jr.” by David Buerge – $15.00
- “River Rail & Road / A Pictorial History of Stanwood & East Stanwood, – $10.00 [SAHS, 2003]
- Stuck in the Mud – A History of Warm Beach – by Penny Hutchison Buse – Out of Print