Children, adults, musicians and their instruments, firemen, veterans, scouts and all interested groups to participate. Bring horses and farm animals, antique cars, floats, fire trucks, farm or logging implements and wagons or to join in the traditional celebration of Independence Day!
Call 360-629-6110 to volunteer or participate!
All Parade participants should meet at the Josephine Sunset Home parking lot at 10:30 on the 4th of July
Costume contest for children under 12 for the best costume depicting a patriotic or United States history theme.
No pre-registration necessary – Prizes will be awarded for the 1st, 2nd and 3rd prizes. Winners will be announced and must be present at the Awards Presentation (11:30 FNCC) to win.
Awards are presented after the parade at “The Floyd” about 11:30 a.m.
- 11 a.m. : Parade Begins at the Josephine Sunset Home Parking lot and proceeds south .
- 11:30 a.m. : Short Program and Presentation of the awards at the Floyd Norgaard Cultural Center
- Noon : Ice Cream Social with Fresh Strawberries & Ice Cream!
- Hero Quilts : Twenty or twenty five quilts are made by local volunteers and they will be displayed before being sent to Afghanistan for wounded soldiers in the Floyd.
- Cama Beach Quilt will be on display and raffle ticket will be available. Proceeds from ticket sales are used by Cama Beach Foundation to provide history and science education programs at Cama Beach.
New updated Exhibit “Waistlines & Hemlines” plus the D. O. Pearson House will be open after the Parade. Sponsored by the Stanwood Area Historical Society: 360-629-6110
Click here for highlights from the 2016 Parade & Ice Cream Social