Stanwood newspapers were challenged by the renaming of the town(s) it served over the last century. Originally the Stanwood Press, it was also known as the Twin City News and finally the Stanwood Camano News. Until recently it was locally owned but is now part of large of conglomerate of small newspaper companies all over the country.
Its first news office was typical of 19th century storefronts, this one located on Main Street. In front is Attorney Mitchell who published the paper until the early 1910s when it was taken over by “Olsen and [George] Astel” and later Loren Angevine who owned it until 1930 with G. F. Brown.
In 1931 Brown took over and it was renamed the Twin City News.
In 1939 Brown sold to Horn and Dence who owned it until 1958 when Cliff Danielson took it over in 1958 and who renamed the newspaper the Stanwood
In 1960 with the consolidation of the towns it was finally renamed the Stanwood Camano News.